Healthy Kids Humboldt
Healthy Kids Humboldt is dedicated to finding health insurance for all Humboldt County children age 0-19, regardless of income or immigration status. We assist families in finding the most affordable health insurance and we refer families to qualifying social programs. Our goal is to keep Humboldt County healthy.
Health Insurance Enrollment & Referrals. We can help the entire family sign up for free or low cost health insurance. Some of the programs we work with are:
- MediCal: Comprehensive coverage at no or low cost to low income children, adults, and pregnant women
- AIM: Low cost health coverage for pregnant women who are not eligible for MediCal
- Covered California: Referrals to Covered California Certified Enrollment Counselors
Food & nutrition
We can help your family get connected to healthy food and nutrition resources. Some of the programs we work with are:
- CalFresh: Add extra dollars to your family’s food budget and put healthy and nutritious food on the table with monthly electronic benefits that can be used at most stores and farmer’s markets.
- Food for People: Food assistance programs are available for qualifying families.
Why is health insurance & nutrition important?
We believe in healthy families & healthy kids. Access to health insurance and healthy foods has many benefits:
- Healthy kids are more successful in school
- Preventative care and proper nutrition means less illness
- Doctors’ visits can be expensive without health insurance
- Kids need regular checkups and dental care
It’s easy to apply!
Healthy Kids Humboldt is here to help. We are bi-lingual Community Outreach Workers. We will help you find coverage and assistance. We will help you with the application process, and follow up. Our services are free of charge.
We offer several other services for families with low to middle incomes including free tax preparation, bi-lingual telehealth counseling services, and referrals to social services programs such as WIC, CARE (PG&E assistance), CCS (CA Children’s Services), Head Start, Paso a Paso, CHDP (Child Health Disability Prevention), Playgroups, Community Resource Centers, and St. Joseph Health Patient Financial Assistance.
Marcelina Mejia De Castillo
Community Outreach Worker
Phone: 707-442-6066 Ext. 3
Community Outreach Worker
Phone: 707-442-6066 Ext. 4
Healthy Kids Humboldt is located at the SJH General Hospital campus, 2200 Harrison Avenue, Eureka.
Office hours varies. Call for an appointment today: 707-442-6066
Our Vision and Values
Our Vision: We bring people together to provide compassionate care, promote health improvement and create healthy communities. We demonstrate this through our four core Values: dignity, excellence, service, and justice.